Monday, September 6, 2010

The Capers(pasta n pizzeria) - a review by fauzan

Me and my friends went to have our sungkai yesterday at the Capers in kiulap. .i heard a lot of good things about the restaurant so i had my expectations. .we arrived as early as 5.30 and upon entering the restaurant i had a good feeling about it. .the tiles are the classic white and black,in the middle of the room is the 'kitchen',i cud the see cook working on the pizza.i love the smell of the place,i felt lyk i was somewhere out of brunei. . So the 'receptionist' who is also the waitress asked if we made a reservation.i said yes ,'ak md safwan'..i repeated several times before she went to check on the book(?) . .she ushered us to our table. .

being my first time there,i wasnt sure about how the buffet work,neither did my friends so i asked for some help from the waitress. .after i understand it all,i asked if there is a certain pizza topping she'd like to recommend. .she didnt understand and kept saying that i can pick any topping i want. .and i was like 'ohh ok ok'. .i ordered watermelon freeze,bcuz they only give ONE glass of bandung for the buffet. .quite greedy. .i mean,a constant refill of mineral water wudve been fine! !

At around 6.15,i went to get some pizzas,my friends was staring at me as if i was doing something wrong,ignored them. .so i took a slice and slid it onto my plate. .i misplaced the 'something used to pick up the pizzas' and it fell to the ground,the waitress saw me,picked it up and said 'HAaih!',i was shocked she did that,it was rude,and i was a customer,she shudnt do that,lucky for her i was fasting,i noe i was wrong but still. .another thing i realised was that NON of the waitress was smiling. .hmm. .took a couple of slices and went to my table,went to get some pasta and went back to my table. .

Ok. .They KNEW we were fasting but i cant here the radio or tv bcuz the music overpowered them! !so i HAD to use my phone's radio. .stupid. .the time to break our fast came at last and i didnt see any DATE(kurma,tamar) served. .my first time in this year,breaking my fast without a date. .so i started with the bandung. .took a bite of the pizza,i liked the sauce but the base,not really,it was too hard. .i need to use a lot of force to break my bite off. .i didnt like the psta and regretted taking a lot of it. . .i ate by force. .back to the pizza,3 slices,gone!still hungry! Soo now,i was supposed to wait for the pizza to be cooked. .i waited. . .and waited. , . .aaand waiteddd. . .arghhh! !taking so long! !so i just ate the spaghetti,it was so so. .other restaurants serve BETTER spaghetti. .i ordered lasagna and 5 minutes later the pizzas there! !but i have to be quick or i wont get any. .i succeeded to get a couple,and on the tray there was only one left. .OMG,waited like 15 minutes and this is all they got. .after another 10 minutes WAITING,i asked the waitress if my lasagna is done,she said she'd check. .she never came back to say anything,she mustve FORGOT my order,5-10 minutes later my lasagna came. .very small portion,waited that long. .and that is when i said to my self i will NEVER go to Capers again for a buffet,but ala carte wud be fine. .the lasagna was quite gud,too bad i had to share that small portion with my friend,we expcted it to be in a bigger portion. .

So i paid $20. .$14.80 for the buffet,$3.50 for the drink,the extra is a collection bcuz some of our friend didnt come the restaurant charged a FULL $14.80 for each prson absent. .

Overall i think that $14.80 is an ok price. .u just need to know WHAT u want and order EARLY! !and u'd be fine. .i want to go there again for a buffet and order two pizzas just for my self,EARLY. .then i wont have to WAIT. .haha,then that $14.80 wud be considered VERY CHEAP! !hahah,i love my tummy,its just soo 'fit'. .i mean 6 to 8 slices are nothing! !i give the restaurant a 3.5/5. .most of the turn downs are because of the service. .if u hvnt been there,check it out!

Ok,thats all for now,assalamualaikum and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment